Everything has a limit. Your gutter system will one day reach its limit and you will have to replace it with a new one to preserve your roofing in Ottawa. So from us here at Century Roofing & Siding Ltd., here are circumstances that will tell you that your gutters are already past their prime.
- You notice that your gutters are sagging, hanging, cracking, bending, or leaking.
- You notice that that water spouts from the gutters.
- You notice that your gutters are already rusting.
- There is a noticeable gap between your gutters and your fascia boards.
You may also notice the following around your house. These are indirect signs that there is something wrong with your gutters:
- You notice water build-up on the ground below the gutter, and it causes soil to erode. A properly functioning gutter system will be able to prevent water from accumulating, forming puddles, and eventually causing erosion. If this has occurred, it means that there’s already a problem with your gutters.
- You notice that water has seeped into your basement. This could be a sign that your gutters are unkempt, and that they are clogged or worn out.
- And speaking of your basement, you might notice that mold and mildew have formed in it. These could be a result of moisture and water damage.
- Your paint job on your home is either fading or is peeling—also a result of water damage.
- You notice that there are nails or fasteners on the ground. It’s possible that these came from loosened gutters.
Once you notice any of these signs, have your gutters and Ottawa flat roofing checked immediately to prevent the situation from worsening. Contact Century Roofing & Siding Ltd., we’ll be very happy to help you.